Sunday, February 18, 2024

Jack The Acquaintance bringing a few of his fellow musicians to ROXY next month as part of high energy show



By ERIC SCHELKOPF


Aurora-based Jack The Acquaintance will bring some of his fellow musicians to the ROXY in Lockport on March 1 for his I Killed Rock ’n’ Roll: Full Circle show.

The show is bound to be a night of high energy rock ’n’ roll. ROXY is located at 1017 S. State St. in downtown Lockport. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show will start at 7 p.m.

Tickets are $20, available at eventbrite.com.
 

 

Those musical friends include Dan Asio and the bands Double Identity and Jesus Coyote. BroJack – a collaboration between Jack The Acquaintance and Primal Moon frontman Joe Brunker – is also on the bill.

I had the chance to talk to Jack and Dan about the show


Q – So Dan, how did you get involved in the show?

He asked me if I’d be down to back him up on guitar for this project that he was doing. And of course, I never turn down a chance to play guitar and kind of do new things.

I’ve never played just strictly rhythm guitar in a band before. So, I was down.

I thought it would be cool and I wanted to help him out. And here I am. 

Jack – Dan and I have a lot of music in common, I think. We like a lot of the same bands.

I thought it would be really great to get to work with Dan and get to showcase some of his songs too.

This will be the first time I will play my songs from the album “I Killed Rock ’N’ Roll (It's Not Rock ’N’ Roll's Fault)” with a band. Which is why it’s called “I Killed Rock ’N’ Roll” (Full Circle).

We’re bringing it full circle and finally performing these songs. Also, my friend, Joe Brunker (lead singer of the band Primal Moon) and I perform together as BroJack. We’re going to bring him up as a special guest and do some tunes together.

Q – So Dan, tell me about the songs you will perform.

It will be all the new songs I’ve been working on. One’s already come out, the first single, “Let’s Go.”

It starts off like this acoustic rock ballad and then it kind of builds into this more alt-rock jam at the end. That’s been fun, getting that out there.

I don’t have a designated band for my solo music, so it’s going to be a lot of fun playing the new songs that I’ve written with a full band.

Q – What made you want to become a musician?

Probably acting, actually. I always loved listening to music. It was always a big part of my life.

But I always thought I would become an actor, either through the theater or on screen. I was learning how to sing through musicals and whatnot.

And I learned some piano and guitar just for fun. I started a band with my friends, and once I did the band thing, I realized that was what I wanted to do.

Q – Jack, you were talking about wanting to do more of these types of shows.Is that one of the reasons why you like being a musician, that you sometimes get to play with other musicians?

That’s definitely a part of it. There’s a chemistry when you’re playing with other people.

I grew up listening to rock ’n’ roll bands like Zeppelin and stuff and then got into Green Day. And all my music is meant for band based music.

I always wanted to get a band going at some point. I like the energy of band based music.





No comments:

Post a Comment